Friday, August 26, 2011

Family Moon 2011

"Family Moon 2011"

It's been awhile since I last visited this site....and even longer since I posted. A little more than a year has passed and we've been busy. For starters, AB is now five years old. We had a baby girl, Rosemary, Paul prepared for and passed his boards and Emmett is now three. Last, but not least, we celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary this summer. What an amazing 10 years. 3 children. 1 dog (who has had at least 9 lives). 1 medicine degree. 1 board certified radiologist. 6 consecutive years (and counting) of pregnancy, nursing and/or both simultaneously. 1 king size bed. 1 home in the South. 1 home in the Midwest. Soon to be 1 home in Rome, GA. Approximately 75 'chez holcombe' haircuts. Approximately one half dozen bad 'chez holcombe' haircuts. Life has been full these past 10 years. I feel grateful. I feel well-loved by a good man. This past weekend we decided to treat ourselves to a grand night at the lovely Chase Park Plaza here in Saint Louis. We decided that a "familymoon" would be the most appropriate way for us to celebrate....it was fantastic and we loved every minute of it....

The Chase Park Plaza....Pool Area

The children have been 'pool starved' this summer. We've got to get them swim lessons. I am sure it is the ticket to early bedtime.


Hello Veranda, I enjoyed sitting on your cover page.



The children, enjoying snacks from their buddy...

When we arrived we were greeted in our room with a lovely bouquet of homegrown flowers, some delicious chocolates and treats for the kiddos from some dear friends of ours.....I felt like I was in a movie. Actually, at one point AB said to me, "Momma, is someone watching us on their television? Because, I feel like we are a movie..." It was a really magical.

This wine was delicious. Paul picked it up from one of our favorite, quirky wine stores here in STL. It was a real winner.


Our monkeys...enjoying their "private" tub. We booked a double suite. We ain't rookies.

Ten years. 1,000,000 hours of studying logged. 100 hours of Battlestar Galactica. 32 hours of labor and childbirth. 1,000,000 hours of nursing. An embarrassing amount of Charles Shaw. I'm enviable and I know it. My life is richer than I deserve. "So say we all."

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, real life. Love you guys - miss you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. So glad you posted again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful post. what a beautiful family. what a beautiful life you and paul have created over the course of the past 10 years. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete