Monday, May 25, 2009

Goodbye Pink Potty

Ava Belle is officially potty trained. Hallelujah. It really wasn't so bad, actually, we just waited until she turned three and then told her that the diapers were for Emmett. She did 'mark her territory' across the better part of Saint Louis but, hey, urine is sterile, right? Well, that brings me to the real reason for this post. Urine, apparently, can be many things. Mainly, it's waste. But, it can also double as plant killer. Let me explain. We have a two story house with a finished basement, bathroom upstairs, bathroom downstairs, niente on the main floor. So, I purchased a very small, very discreet pink potty to pull out in those emergent moments when we couldn't make it to one of the other bathrooms. Quickly, it became routine to just carry the pink potty around with us from room to room on the main floor. For some reason, I found it a little tiring to run up/downstairs to have AB empty her bladder or for me to empty the potty each time she went (very frequently in the beginning) so, I began to open the front door and toss the tee-tee outside, just to the right of the door behind a large bush.  Please take note: I adhered to a very different regimen for discarding poop. This went on for......awhile. So, the other day as I was locking up I noticed the bush had all these dead leaves in one isolated area. It looked as if someone had sprayed it with acid. Hmmmm. I thought for just a moment. Then, I decided that we needed to say goodbye to the pink potty. For the most part, AB has had no problem making it to the up or downstairs potty in time. However, sometimes she's a little too busy playing and I'm just hoping that the finish on our floor is slightly more sturdy than the bush by the door. 

3 comments:

  1. how do you have a dog & not know this? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on this milestone!! This seemed as though AB mastered this quickly!! Must be b/c of her mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, andi. i guess some things just get by me.

    ReplyDelete